Proposed Board Regulations
The consultation on the proposed Board Regulations is now closed.
The College invited public comments on proposed Board regulations related to the following matters:
- Public notice required for meetings and hearings that are open to the public;
- Naming geographic areas for the Appointments Council to take into consideration when carrying out its appointment duties; and
- Governing the establishment of apprenticeship programs.
Why was this consultation important?
This consultation was important for several reasons. The proposed regulations aimed to:
- Set the foundation for how the College governs the establishment of apprenticeship programs and carry over trade-specific regulations regarding hours, wage rates and ratios for some trades;
- Set out the amount of notice that the College will provide to the public for meetings and hearings;
- Specify the geographic areas that the Appointments Council must consider when making appointments to the College’s governance structure.
How were my comments used?
Feedback from the public on the College’s proposed regulations will be an important part of the decision-making process as the regulations are finalized.
What was the deadline for making comments?
The deadline for making comments for this consultation was December 3, 2012 at 5:00pm. Comments received after this date were not considered.
How could I make Comments?
There were two ways to submit comments:
- Online comment form
- Fillable Word comment form (doc)
These forms included each proposed provision of the regulations, followed by a section for comments for each of these provisions, as well as a general comments section.
Where can I find the final regulation?
The final regulation can be found on the Government of Ontario’s e-Laws website (or see below under “Related Links”). You may notice the final regulation looks different than what had been previously proposed as part of the consultation. The feedback we received during this consultation was valuable in helping us understand our stakeholders’ perspectives on the issue of proposed board regulations and informed changes to the regulation. Please note that the final regulation also reflects changes that were made as a result of the drafting and government approvals processes.
If I have questions about this consultation, who can I contact?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at
(647) 847-3000 or toll free at 1-855-299-0028.
For a summary of the feedback received during this consultation, please click here (pdf)
- Click here to download the draft Proposed Board Regulations in its entirety. (pdf)
- Final Regulation – Ontario Regulation 93/13 – General Regulation of the Board (html)