Proposed Regulation on Registration and Membership
The consultation on the proposed Registration and Membership Regulation is now closed.
The Ontario College of Trades called for comments on proposed regulatory provisions regarding:
- The classes of membership for the College;
- The requirements for obtaining and maintaining registration with the College; and
- The terms, conditions and limitations on statements of membership and certificates issued by the College to members.
What was the purpose of this consultation?
This consultation aimed to give the College’s stakeholders and the public the opportunity to provide written comments that were to be considered by the College as regulations related to membership were being finalized.
How were comments used?
Feedback from the public on the College’s proposed membership and registration was an important part of the decision-making process as the College developed its regulatory framework. These comments were used to inform the final regulation on membership and registration requirements.
What was the deadline for making comments?
The deadline for making comments for this consultation was April 19, 2012.
Where can I find the final regulation?
The final regulation can be found on the e-Laws website. You may notice the final regulation looks different than what had been previously proposed as part of the consultation. The feedback we received during this consultation was valuable in helping us understand our stakeholders’ perspectives on the issue of membership classes and registration requirements and informed changes to the regulation. Please note that the final regulation also reflects changes that were made as a result of the drafting and government approvals processes.
If I have questions about this consultation, who can I contact?
Give us a call at (647) 847-3000 or toll free at 1(855) 299-0028.
For a summary of the feedback received during this consultation, please click here (pdf)
- Draft Proposed regulatory provisions (pdf)
- Draft Visual depiction and summary of proposed streams of membership (pdf)
- Qs and As regarding the consultation (pdf)
- Final Regulation – Ontario Regulation 321/12 – Classes of Members and Registration (html)
Note: If you do not have Adobe Reader installed on your computer, please download the software.
Click here for more information.